first_img ‘Step In our Shoes’ – Dr. Carla Barnett Sep 4, 2020 Greater Focus on Regional Agriculture Make COVID Recovery ‘a true turning point’ for people and… Read more at: The New Yorker Share this:PrintTwitterFacebookLinkedInLike this:Like Loading… Sep 10, 2020 Sep 29, 2020center_img CDB to Lend US$70M to The Bahamas and Saint Lucia,… Oct 7, 2020 You may be interested in… Hurricane Dorian: Scale of Bahamas devastation emerges(BBC) Rescuers have begun to reach areas of the northern Bahamas devastated by Hurricane Dorian, with aerial images showing a trail of destruction. PM Hubert Minnis said some areas had been “decimated” and expected the current death toll of seven would rise. The hurricane winds that hit the Abaco Islands…September 4, 2019In “Anguilla”CARICOM reacts as ‘Dorian’ pounds BahamasChairman of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), Prime Minister Allen Chastanet of Saint Lucia was among the regional leaders who expressed concern and support  to The Bahamas, devastated by category five hurricane Dorian which struck on Sunday 1 September. It left extensive damage across the islands of Abaco and is currently pounding Grand…September 2, 2019In “Featured”Five Dead, at least 21 injured in AbacoInitial reports have confirmed five people dead and at least twenty one injured on Abaco in the aftermath of destructive Hurricane Dorian, Prime Minister of The Bahamas, Dr. Hubert Minnis confirmed Monday, according to The Tribune. Dr. Minnis said the Royal Bahamas Police Force confirmed the tragic news of the deaths, adding…September 3, 2019In “CARICOM”Share this on WhatsApp (The New Yorker) It looked like the trees had risen out of an angry ocean. It looked like a man was standing on a ship that had wandered into a storm. But the man was not on a ship; the man was on land, and the ocean was at his front door. The water was many feet deep and covered the road that led to his home. All one could see straight out to the horizon was ocean. When Hurricane Dorian struck the Bahamas, there were many videos like this one circulating on my family’s group chat in WhatsApp. I sat in a park in Brooklyn on a calm day, a few clouds in the sky, and swiped through them all. I had relatives on ; I grew up on New Providence. One video was taken by a family forced to climb into their attic as the water crashed against the concrete of their house. Another showed the view from a second floor, looking down at the Atlantic, which had risen to claim the first floor of a home, with furniture flung around like useless playthings. In the park, women were pumping their fists to the rhythm of soca music and pulling their knees up to their stomachs. Families were out having picnics; fruits and churros abounded. While briefly glancing up from my iPhone, I caught the eyes of a small boy. He was looking at me with his eyebrows tight and shook his head as if he were disappointed, as if he knew that I had a hurricane on the brain. I sat in the park and stared out into the distance, past the harbor and into the Atlantic, toward the Bahamas, where Dorian was wreaking its havoc. Dorian had opened its one good and terrible eye over my country and for almost two days it refused to budge. There were people trapped in their homes, people trapped in their attics, and people trapped outside in the storm itself, in search of safety after their roofs had come clean off.last_img read more

first_imgDue to the noise and the claims of Levski, PFL and BFU gather all professional clubs in Bulgaria at a meeting to discuss the new contract for television rights, which should take effect from the 2021/22 season, writes “Tema Sport”.The meeting will take place at the end of next week and was initiated by the President of the Bulgarian Football Union – Mihail Kasabov. The offer was accepted by the Executive Committee, which took place on June 25. The topic became extremely topical due to the threats of the owner of Levski – Nasko Sirakov and the dissatisfaction he expressed with the distribution of funds and the early signing of the contract. Sirakov spoke with Domuschiev, asking for an assessment of Levski’s ratings“If there are results, we will inform the public”last_img read more

first_img LIVE TV First Published: 15th July, 2020 10:34 IST Also Read | Browns Star Odell Beckham Jr Predicts Best-ever Season Ahead, Claims This Is His TimeAlso Read | As Posey Opts Out, Giants Begin New Era Under Gabe Kapler(Image Credits: Odell Beckham Jr. Instagram Handle) Last Updated: 15th July, 2020 10:34 IST Odell Beckham Jr. Admits Having Contemplated Retirement After Season-ending Injury In 2017 Cleveland Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr. says he almost retired from the NFL following his season-ending injury in 2017. He also revealed what kept him going. “I said this in college, I said, ‘I fear the day that they make this game a business and not what I love.’ And when I seen that for the first time after breaking my ankle, like I thought about not playing no more, like this is not really it for me because they’ve ruined the game of football for me a little bit,” Odell Beckham Jr. said. OBJ then went on to say that watching kids in the stands supporting him, supporting the game fueled him to keep playing. The wide receiver returned from injury in 2018 to play for the Giants. He threw for 1,052 yards and completed six touchdowns in 12 games. He joined the Browns ahead of the 2019 season.Despite putting decent numbers last season, the wide receiver must be largely disappointed as he failed to really form a potent partnership with quarterback Baker Mayfield. Odell also played the season with a sports hernia injury, which might have hampered his performances. Also Read | Post-Redskins, Washington Has Long Road Toward New NicknameStarting the 2020 season with a clean bill of health, Beckham will be hoping to make up for the past three seasons and bring back his old devastating self to the game. The three-time Pro Bowler has so far received for 6,511 yards and has completed 48 touchdowns in his career. Cam Newton and Odell Beckham Jr. hype up expectations for 2020 season; watch Written By Sujay Chakraborty COMMENT SUBSCRIBE TO US Cleveland Browns’ Odell Beckham Jr. is widely regarded as one of the best wide receivers in the game. Although his first season with the Browns was a major let down, the former New York Giants star still managed to rack up the numbers as he received for over 1,000 yards and completed four touchdowns. Currently bracing for his seventh season in NFL, things might have gone entirely different for the wide receiver, who at one time contemplated retiring from the sport.Also Read | Chiefs, Jones Agree To 4-year, $85M Extension: SourcesOBJ considered retirement in 2017During a recent roundtable discussion with fellow NFL players Todd Gurley, Cam Newton and Victor Cruz, Odell Beckham Jr. revealed his season-ending injury in 2017 forced him to consider retirement. Coming off three stellar seasons with the Giants, Beckham’s momentum came to an abrupt halt when he suffered a broken ankle during game four of the 2017 season. Fearing his love of the game would not be the same after his injury coupled with the rapidly changing scenario in the NFL, the wide receiver said he gave retirement a serious thought.  WATCH US LIVE FOLLOW USlast_img read more